Job Role:Trainee Land Rights Officer
Contact Name: Uma Nagisetty
Phone: 020 8429 5138
The purpose of the job is to undertake the Acquisition of Land/Rights in Land and carry out Compensation work, including work on major Utility and Infrastructure projects, including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects as well as other major and minor transport, gas, water and electricity schemes, ensuring appropriate fee income to the business.
This is a training role and all activities will be supervised initially.
This is a new full-time role which requires a high calibre individual.
With an interest in land activities, candidates will have suitable transferrable experience and skills to facilitate delivery of land referencing, negotiating land rights and dealing with compensation claims.
Ability to develop relevant experience in Land Rights related work within the Utilities sector. Candidates with knowledge or experience in land as well as technical administration skill is preferred.
The job will require someone who has a proven track record in organising their own personal workload and responsibilities, the ability to determine priorities and consistently meet deadlines, providing an effective and efficient platform for the team to operate successfully.
Degree educated in an area which broadly relates to Land. Other qualifications will be considered.
- A good working knowledge of IT is essential, in particular a familiarity with and understanding of the Microsoft Office packages including MS Excel and preferably good keyboard skills.
- Self-starter with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and clients
- The ability to work in an organised and methodical fashion, with a high level of attention to detail
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met
- A willingness to be part of a team and to interact with other professional staff
- The ability to learn new skills and working methods and be adaptable to change
- The ability to accept responsibility and, within parameters defined by the immediate performance manager, work on their own initiative
- Clean and full driving licence
- To achieve fee income set in Performance Review albeit that much of the role requires support from more experienced colleagues
- To deliver a high quality service to clients, team colleagues and other business teams as directed and to ensure that all correspondence is authorised before sending
- To manage the utilisation of time for the team’s benefit and maximise efficiency
- To provide appropriate assistance, technical skills and services to the team
- To assist in the delivery of specific activities set – this may include on site work such as records of condition etc and to work with high attention to detail
- To keep appropriate records of current work that are required by the team and the firm and to ensure that all work is stored on the Worksite system
- To maintain accurate time records on Changepoint, to targets set in Performance Review
- To attend training sessions and team meetings and to maintain an appropriate schedule of training needs and achievements
- To ensure that the appropriate Quality assurance standards are met
- To deal with all clients and members of the public professionally
- To be an ambassador for our client both internally and externally