We are looking for HND/Degree qualified setting out engineers ideally with4 to 5 years’ experience in general civil Engineering dealing with core business of Roads and sewers and increasingly steel and concrete framed buildings. They need to have a good working knowledge of AutoCAD, be well versed in coordinate setting out and be able to carry out toppo surveys. (for as-built drawings ). It would be an advantage if they were conversant with Robotic instruments. My client use Trimble robotic total stations with “Terra Model“ software. (Training on these instruments will be given).
The candidate must hold a CSCS card and have a current driving license.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Setting out on civil engineering projects
- Manage and develop junior members of the setting out team
- Assist the Project Manager / Site Agents with site records, risk assessments, method statements and permits as appropriate
- Communicate setting out control and provide information to assist with the construction of works
- Record ‘as built’ information for Health & Safety File
- Ensure setting out equipment is properly maintained and calibrated
- Carry out pre-start OGL surveys with Survey Department
- Skills and Ability
Applicants will have a proven record of setting out on civil engineering projects including: earthworks, deep drainage, highways and infrastructure and be capable of producing AsBuilt drawings of such.
- Ideally qualified to Graduate standard.
- Applicants should hold a CSCS card and have at least 4 years site experience.
- Excellent communications skills are essential, as is the ability to work under their own initiative
- Applicants will be conversant with all surveying instruments, co-ordinate setting out and be able to work confidently with Autodesk Auto-Cad.
- SMSTS and First Aid will be an advantage but not essential
- A full clean driving licence is essential
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a desire to manage and develop junior members of the setting out team.
Package Competitive Salary Company Vehicle Pension and Life Assurance to 4 times salary Hours of Work Generally 7.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Holidays Annual leave is 21 days, plus bank holidays, of which 7 days must be taken at Christmas in accordance with the industry shutdown. On completion of 5 years of service, annual leave will increase by 5 days.
|Contact Name:||Russell Roberts|
|Salary:||£28,000 – £38,000|