Our client is well established commercial property investment company who boasts numerous retained commercial and residential property assets within its property portfolio. They are growing their portfolio which includes a wide variety of property assets including retail, industrial, offices, residential and leisure properties.
AIM OF ROLE:
To ensure site on which he / she is working is completed within the agreed building programme including any amendments and to the correct quality and specification. You will be responsible for opening the Show unit, when proposed, on the agreed date, also to call off materials from suppliers as and when required on site. To complete and return to Head Office all of the standard site paperwork / records in accordance with the agreed dates. Ensure the site complies with all CDM & Health & Safety requirements. Needs to be customer / sales oriented.
- Check drawings to ensure proposals / details are practical and economic.
- Assist Contracts Managers with preparing the Building Programme, and provide short term programmes.
- Liaise and co-ordinate Local Authority, NHBC, sub-contractors and service companies
- Keep and maintain up to date the required Site Registers / documents.
- Take off quantities of materials and call off materials required for site.
- Monitor work on site and ensure this is completed on programme, recording delays and providing solutions for time lost.
- Ensure site operates smoothly and efficiently.
- Resolve design and building problems.
- Ensure work is carried out in compliance with the latest Health and Safety
- Regulations and to the highest safety standard.
- Ensure the Show unit opens on agreed date.
- Complete site safety inductions with Sales Managers/Sales consultants prior to them starting on site/show unit.
- Ensure site is neat and tidy with good access for the purchasers at all times.
- Ensure the Company’s requirements for site presentation and material protection are followed at all times.
- Meet purchasers regarding possible additional sales items and processing these through the appropriate departments.
- Approve Sub Contractors claims for payments.
- Complete all site paperwork / records and submit to Head Office by required date.
- Attend to contract administration.
- Advise Contracts Manager immediately of any possible delay to the completion date.
- Attend Company meetings as necessary.
- Attend Head Office as necessary.
- Manage Site Labourers.
- Assist Contracts Manager, Surveyor and Technical Manager when required.
- Liaise with Technical and Sales Departments on information and completion dates.
- Inspect defects when purchasers move in and deal with customer care if require.
- Ensure roads and drainage are put on maintenance / adopted at the earliest possible date and carry out.
- Comply with Company controls, regulations and systems.
- Keep up to date with current building products, techniques, legislation and government regulations.
When agreed by the Contracts Manager:
- Revise building programme
- Alter specification
- Withdraw contra charges
- Employ or dismiss staff / operatives or to alter any of the Company’s standard employment conditions.
- Alter the Company’s standard contract terms and conditions.
- Good people management
- Works well under pressure and tight to deadlines
- Commercially aware
- Has a pro-active approach to all situations
- Decisive in decision making
- Understands meaning of quality
- Able to work well within a team
- Good communicator
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone
|Contact Name:||Richard Lalchan|
|Telephone:||0208 429 5297|
|Salary:||Up to £65k|