Senior Quantity Surveyor (House Building Experience)
|Contact Name:||Raj Mangam|
|Telephone:||020 3790 0307|
|Salary:||(based on experience)|
The Surveying Department in an Operating Division is responsible for monitoring and controlling expenditure on all the company’s developments by controlling the “cost of sales”, as well as ensuring that all Group Commercial policies and procedures are adhered to within the company.
The post holder is responsible for Procurement, Payments, Valuations and administration of Health and Safety procedures.
The right candidate will have;
- With assistance from Commercial Manager prepare subcontract Enquiry List for approval by Head of Commercial and Head of Construction.
- Prepare full enquiry pack, collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued.
- Analyse tenders upon return to ensure compliant bids are received.
- Prepare detailed breakdown of build cost included within land acquisition pack.
- Prepare tender analysis comparing individual tenders against each other and against build cost within land acquisition pack.
- Ensure sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked.
- Prepare interim payments for approval by Commercial Manager / Head of Commercial.
- Carry out monthly progress checklist on site for all relevant sites.
- Audit progress (input by Site Manager) on valuation system.
- Prepare sub-contract accruals.
- Produce Value/Cost Reconciliation (VCR).
- Follow change control procedure.
- Issue Variation Orders as appropriate.
- Attend sites regularly and frequently to provide assistance and support to site staff.
- Ensure familiarity with Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
To discuss further please call RAJ on 02039700307, for a confidential chat.