Sales Estimator – Dudley – Laser and Flame Cutting Department of a Steel Engineering Firm
|Contact Name:||Raj Mangam|
|Location:||Dudley – DY2 0RL|
|Salary:||£22,000 – £28,000 PA (Dep on Exp) + very competitive package, 25 days holiday, profit share etc|
My client has been established for over 60 years and are a family run business offering a wealth of knowledge and experience in steel stockholding and it’s distribution. In addition, they are able to offer a complete service in the toll processing of other companies material.
What they offer to their clients?
- A complete service in steel from decoiling and blanking to sheared and laser cut piece parts.
- A comprehensive strip mill and reversing mill product range
- Established logistical support for national and international destinations largely serviced by our own fleet of vehicles.
- Over 60000 square metres of climate controlled warehousing
They are part of a group with over 200 employee’s, with a turnover of over £50m. The Dudley branch has 40 employees and a turnover of £6m
What they are looking for!
Experienced Internal Sales Estimator for a busy Laser & Flame cutting department. Applicants must have a good working knowledge of profiling and steel specifications along with the ability to read drawings, create simple parts and nest using an industry standard drawing package.
A good telephone manor and professional approach to customers is of the essence.
Leads are generated either via the website, provided by peers or you will be expected to proactively find new business and get clients on board. They work in all sectors, across the board. Project values can range from £1k – £1m.
- Industry knowledge is a must and some sort of experience with laser cutting or profiling
- Sales estimating experience would also be good
- Must have some sort of CAD training or experience
- 2+ years in a similar role
- Need someone who can hit the ground running