My client is a global Consultancy recognised and trusted for the value they bring their clients.
They are committed to attracting and developing the best Industry talent underpinned by a culture of high performance and excellence across the UK, Middle East and Asia/Pacific.
A fantastic opportunity awaits an Intermediate or advanced level Project Quantity Surveyor, with previous experience gained working on building construction projects, specifically commercial projects and ideally previous experience on pubs. 5-10 years experience required. It would suit someone who is looking for the next step in their Quantity Surveying career and who is looking for a new challenge, in terms of project type.
This will be working for a main contractor, who specialise in the refurbishments of pubs/some new build, all around the UK. Project values up to £5m. You will be in their office 4 days a week and site/client visits on the other day.
The successful applicant for this position will be expected to be able to understand JCT form of contract and be able to work under own initiative have a clean driving license and preferably a vehicle. This role would suit someone who is not shy to work hard, to progress to their next stage of their career.
Mixed bag of projects – educational, retaial, leisure, residentuial – upto £5million – quantity surveyor and project management
Eduicational project bigger sticks – £3million – refurb – day 1 right through to defects – 12 months – 1 company –
Key responsibilities will include:
- Use to working with traditional JCT contracts with Bill of Quantities.
- Preparation and submission of interim applications.
- Carrying out traditional Measurement methods.
- Compiling take-offs from Construction drawings and documentation and site measures.
- Attend site progress meetings and liaise with the client’s representatives.
- Preparation of cost value reconciliations.
- Performing risk and value management and cost control.
- Advising on procurement strategy.
- Involvement in the placing of orders to subcontractors.
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Progress/manage the subcontractor’s accounts to final agreement.
- Progress/manage the main contractors account to final agreement.
- Produce final account projections periodically throughout each project and liaise with the PQS to assist them in managing their budget.
- Maintaining awareness of the different construction contracts in current use.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
Preferably will hold an RICS recognised degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Commercial Management.
Knowledge / Skills / Behaviours:
Have at least 5 – 10 years’ experience in the construction industry working with a main contractor.
They will have a portfolio of previous Projects and be conversant with at least two standard forms of contract including JCT.
Along with the challenges and opportunities an expanding, international company can offer you, you will receive a competitive salary, holiday allowance, company car (if required for the role), pension, and other benefits.
|Contact Name:||Russell Roberts|