My Client offers a diverse portfolio of engineering support services and products to the upstream and downstream oil and gas market. Our oil and gas centre in Aberdeen is an established provider of a range of risk based integrity services that support and enhance asset operation and maintenance.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager with a background in oil and gas integrity services to work as part of a dedicated team in a client facing role based in Aberdeen.
- Reporting to the Head of Integrity Engineering Services your main objective will be to lead, direct and control effectively and efficiently your teams of engineers and inspection personnel involved in contracts both on and offshore for a number of major oil and gas exploration and production companies.
- Ensure that all LR corporate and local HS&E policies and processes are followed along with any client specific requirements. Provide visible, pro-active HS&E leadership. In particular, ensure that incident reporting, task risk assessment and safe methods of work are followed.
- To assist the department manager to develop, maintain and update departmental strategies and budgets.
- To work with and provide support to the rest of the IES management team, including direct support in management/co-ordination of resources to reflect departmental and organisational priorities.
- To provide leadership to and management of assigned personnel. including ensuring that they all have a clear sense of direction with regard to their role in both service delivery and in achieving our objectives and budgets.
- Ensure Technical Authorisation procedure is followed for all line reports. Ensure Activity Monitoring and Witnessed Inspection procedures are followed for all line reports, in line with the IES Activity Monitoring Audit Plan.
- To develop the capabilities and careers of assigned personnel.
- To assist in developing/improving a consistent set of technical and business processes for the IES service.
- To manage assigned projects such that projects are properly controlled, that resources are effectively utilised, and project budgets and client expectations are met.
- To identify business opportunities (with existing and potential clients), and develop such opportunities in consultation with the departmental manager.
- A degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline. Chartered Engineer or European status would be preferred.
- A wide breadth and depth of knowledge within the petrochemical, inspection and engineering industries with proven skills in project management and an effective verbal and written communicator.
- In depth knowledge of written scheme requirements, industry codes and practices.
- Experienced in dealing with clients at all levels providing technical and commercial leadership.
- Experience in commercial, contractual and financial matters relating to projects and contracts.