Job Title: Power BI Developer
Contact Person : Murthy
contact No: 020 3970 0455
We are recruiting for a skilled Power BI Developer to join the bright & talented team IT department. The IT department is split into Development Operations, Infrastructure, Helpdesk Services and IT Architecture.
The role in a nutshell:
- The role of the Power BI Developer sits within the IT Architecture division of the department and consists of a mixture of business engagement and technical data modelling/visualisation skills. Our Power BI reporting solution is backed by a SQL server Datawarehouse
- The role will be 80% Power BI development and 20% ETL development, you will be expected to understand and ideally have experience of SQL Views, Stored Procedures, Agent Jobs, SSIS (conceptually).
What will you be responsible for day to day on a day to day basis?
- Ingesting data from a variety of data sources and performing required transformations using Power BI query within Power BI Desktop
- Creation and ownership of effective Power BI Data modelling in line with best practices.
- Development of advanced and effective DAX calculations
- Designing effective layouts using themes and report grids
- Utilizing the navigation features in Power BI (e.g. bookmarks, drill-through) to guide readers through a compelling data-driven story.
- Publishing reports via the Power BI service, managing them through distribution of apps and monitoring usage/data refreshes/security access
- Working closely with the business analysts to ensure report requirement are delivered
- Shaping an approach for governance and deployment of Power BI in large organizations, including advising on licensing, distribution/sharing, training and support.
- Ability to take client requirements, understand them and turn them into a powerful story told through engaging visuals in Power BI.
- Confident communicating with stakeholders of all levels including the ability to advise, train and support clients where necessary.
What experience, knowledge, skills and behaviors will you have?
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Designing conceptual and logical data models
- Developing SQL queries for data extraction.
- Power Bi Desktop (Power Query/DAX/Visualisations)
- Advanced DAX
- Power BI Distribution/Security (Row Level Security, Workspaces, Apps, Gateways)
- Beneficial to have knowledge and experience of SQL SSAS (Tabular and Multi-dimensional); Power Apps (beneficial); Microsoft Flow; Microsoft Teams; SharePoint and (Lists, Power BI embedded)