Job Role: Graduate Surveyor (Rural/Compensation)
Contact Name: Uma Nagisetty
Phone: 020 8429 5138
The purpose of the job is to assist in delivering property services to our transportation and utility clients and, assisting colleagues in all aspects of skills delivery and client development.
There will be opportunities to deliver compulsory purchase, access to land, land referencing, collation of property information, valuation and professional skills to a range of clients managed with the wider Gloucester team.
The job will require someone who is seeking full membership of the RICS and holds an appropriate fully accredited qualification to undertake the APC training. You will assist in providing advice in a wide variety of commercial property matters for new and established clients. The position will entail extensive travel within the South West so a clean driving licence is essential.
A Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a confidence to communicate effectively at all levels both orally and in writing.
- Personable style with the necessary confidence and ambition to grow your career as we achieve our plans to successfully grow the client base.
- Ability to proactively move towards achieving personal and business targets and to deliver them.
- Able to work in an organised and methodical manner, with a high level of attention to detail and to achieve strong report writing skills.
- Manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Learn new skills and working methods and be adaptable to change.
- Accept responsibility and, within parameters defined by the immediate performance manager, work on own initiative as required.
- A proactive approach to work, with a strong team working ethos.
- Good working knowledge of IT.
- Assist in delivery of services to clients accurately and on time.
- Achieve full membership of RICS.
- To assist in maximising fee income, whilst retaining job profitability.
- Support delivery of the business plan including delivery of agreed targets.
- Assist in the delivery of agreed financial targets and move to being responsible for managing own performance whilst being effective in core technical skills.
- To attend training sessions and team meetings.
- To support other BK offices as required.