Contract Kitchen Designer (CAD) – Thorne, Doncaster, DN8 5TX
There are TWO positions available for this role. – Back Fill – Replacement
This Role is responsible for producing high-quality designs and quotations for both regional and national housing developers to include:
- Produce accurate designs and quotations for kitchen layouts using Articad CAD and SAP systems.
- Scaling from Architects drawings supplied by the developer.
- Create quotations in SAP ensuring that all additional items and accessories are included as per the client’s specification.
- Liaise with third party suppliers to source plot specific pricing such as a solid surface.
- Working to developer briefs and specified deadlines/service level agreements.
- Discuss design requirements with the client/contractor to build relationships and to ensure our drawings are ‘right first time’
- Create tender documents in presentation format to be issued back to developers.
- Establishing and designing to an accurate installation budget with contract guidelines.
- Able to check designs/quotes accurately including other people’s work.
- Adhere to internal working systems and procedures.
- Understanding of planning/design is essential. Formal training/qualification in design is preferable.
- Practical design experience gained within the kitchen industry is essential.
- Must possess creativity/design flair – able to design a functional, attractive kitchen from scratch and knowledge of kitchen component parts is advantageous.
- Ability to work/transfer from scaled drawings is essential.
- Must be computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.), in particular a strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to use a CAD system is desired however not essential, and a working knowledge of Articad is advantageous.
- Experience of SAP is ideal is desirable but not essential
- Must have ability to work accurately, on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to understand and interpret instructions is essential.
- Must be a team player and willing to build relationships with customers over the telephone.