|Agency:||UCA Consulting ltd|
|Contact Name:||Malcolm Smith|
|Telephone:||0208 429 5138|
Chartered Building Surveyor
Qualifications: Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Experience: At least 2 years’ experience in a role involving Building Surveying, Employers Agent and Contract Administration procedures.
Job Purpose: To provide professional expertise on all building related matters when working on client’s projects.
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies
- Undertaking a variety of surveys and inspections
- Preparing and producing specifications for works, tender and contract documents
- Coordinating members of the design team and project stakeholders
- Acting as Employer’s Agent and Contract Administrator
- Site visits, assessments and projections for future work
- Writing reports and preparing documents (plans, contracts, budgets etc.)
- Analyse site activities; prepare progress reports on time, quality and cost of projects
- Advising on and acting in accordance with the Party Wall Etc Act, as an appointed surveyor
- Advising on and acting in accordance with CDM Regulations and in the capacity of Principal Designer
Planning & Organising – good planning; able to handle multiple activities at one time..
Customer Focus – establishes and maintains effective relationships and gains customers trust and respect.
Team Development – provides challenging and stretching tasks; is a people builder, takes on those who need further development and takes time to coach others.
Team Working – creates a climate in which people want to do their best; ability to motivate and empower others
Attention to Detail – diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
Judgement – makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom and experience.
Functional/Technical Learning – has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job to a high level of accomplishment.
Honest Assessment – Provide an honest assessment of workload, resource issues and any potential problems that could arise from decisions made.
Personal & Interpersonal Skills:
Effective Communication – relates well to a diverse range of people inside and outside the organisation. Builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships.
Negotiating: can negotiate skilfully in tough situations; can settle differences with minimum impact and without damaging relationships.
Drive & Enthusiasm – enjoys working hard; is proactive and full of energy for the things they see as challenging.
Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; able to perform duties constantly and consistently at a high level.