Job Title: Business Intelligence Co-ordinator
Agency: UCA Consulting
Contact Person : Murthy
contact No: 020 3970 0455
Faculty/Directorate: Faculty of Management, Law & Social Sciences
Service/Department: Faculty Administration
Reports to: Head of Faculty Operations
Responsible for: Business Support Officers
- To support the Head of Faculty Operations in the successful delivery of faculty strategic objectives and the operational day-to-day activities of faculty business.
- To manage the day-to-day activities of the Business Support Officers, ensuring the collection of high-quality data and the production of high quality business intelligence to support the Management Accreditations process.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators across the faculty, ensuring access to real-time performance information and dashboards.
- To manage the Faculty Business Administrators across the faculty, ensuring effective faculty business is undertaken.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- With leadership from the Head of Faculty Operations, support the delivery of the strategic objectives of the faculty and undertake the day-to-day operational activities ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Harvest data from corporate information to produce a range of operational dashboards, using advanced data analytics across a range of systems.
- To work with complex data sets, extracting data from various systems, and bring together into a single dashboard view representing performance against targets.
- Proactive lead in planning, managing and operationally supporting all data requirements of external accrediting bodies for the School and its programmes. This will include working closely with the Academic Accreditations Director and the Management Accreditation Coordinator to draft the written submissions and associated reports to the well-respected Business School accreditation bodies (e.g. AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS) and Programme-level professional body accreditations (e.g. ACCA, CIPD etc.).
- Create and maintain a suite of dynamic project plans and dashboards to ensure the smooth management of faculty projects, including the School of Management’s accreditations in a timely manner and to the high standard.
- To collegiately develop and maintain a rich internal network of contacts within the Faculty and wider University and assist in advising and briefing the Head of Faculty Operations on activity and progress on a regular basis.
- To maintain oversight of the Academic Workload Model and ensure staff records are accurately maintained across a range of systems.
- To advise on gaps in teaching provision and work with the Head of Faculty Operations to identify Associate Teaching ensuring contracts are in place in a timely manner.
- To work closely with academic staff and other teams in Professional Services ensure
- the provision of accurate, high quality and timely information.
- To develop specialist and expert knowledge in relation to key faculty planning data, providing a point of expertise, advice and guidance.
- To compile data for external returns in accordance with accreditation requirements.
- To undertake validation checks on external returns, liaising with colleagues across the University to investigate and resolve data discrepancies.
- To use the Student Record System and other systems as required to the highest standards to prepare communications to students.
- To raise awareness of the importance of data quality across the University
- To share knowledge across the Faculty Business Team, to ensure sustainability of projects and activities.
- To work closely with colleagues in other parts of the Service and other Professional Services Directorates to ensure a joined up student administrative journey
- To support University-wide events and initiatives pertaining to the student journey, including, but not limited to, open days, applicant visit days, clearing, induction and enrolment, and graduation. This may involve occasional working on weekends or evenings.
Degree level (or equivalent qualification) or equivalent level of experience in relevant subject area.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of working in higher education and the operational activities of faculty business administration
- Experience of using a variety of IT packages to a high standard, including the following:
– word processing packages
– spreadsheets (to advanced level)
- Experience of using Student Records Systems (SITS) with advanced
- knowledge of data extraction, writing SRLs, and writing basic HTML code
- Knowledge of advanced data analysis, including the use of Excel advanced pivot tables, Pivot Charts, Timelines and Slicers and the use of Power BI and the development and maintenance of Dashboards.
- Knowledge of the needs of a triple-crown Business School and the data collection and data analysis requirements
- Ability to interpret and work with complex regulation and policy
- Knowledge of systems to collect and store data relating to Business Schools
- Accreditations processes
- Ability to maintain, analyse and present complex information and data
- Ability to use reporting packages and undertake statistical data modelling
- Ability to prepare reports and deal with a wide range of correspondence and prepare and present appropriate responses
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate own workload, managing own time and working to set deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- Knowledge of GDPR.
- Commitment to delivering an excellent customer services
- Discretion, sensitivity and understanding of confidentiality
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Commitment to continuous professional development
Job Specific Requirements:
- Experience of managing staff and dealing with day-to-day
- operational issues
- Occasional work at evenings or weekends in support of key events
- and the business requirements of the Faculty