Job Role: Building Surveyor
Contact Name: Uma Nagisetty
Phone: 020 8429 5138
The purpose of the role is to deliver the whole spectrum of building consultancy services to a varied range of commercial clients across Wales and the wider UK.
- A willingness to undertake local and firm-wide business development initiatives, and increase develop the building consultancy service delivered from our Cardiff Office.
- Pro-active with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- High level of attention to detail and an enquiring mind.
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- The ability to produce clear and concise written reports and recommendations.
- A keen team member, with the ability to accept responsibility and work on their own initiative.
- Good client relationship skills.
The job will require someone who is a qualified Member of the RICS (MRICS), ideally with a Degree in Building Surveying.
- Pre-acquisition Building Surveys and Schedules of Condition.
- A good working knowledge of IT is essential, in particular a familiarity with Microsoft Office packages and CAD.
- A full driving licence is essential.
- Planning and Building Regulation application familiarity.
- Experience in the design and refurbishment of buildings and administration of Building Contracts.
- Defect Analysis – Identifying & analysing building pathology, preparing technical reports.
- Party Wall etc. Act 1996 experience.
- Reinstatement costs assessments.
- Experience in health and safety procedures, CDM and DDA.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
The role will be to assist in the promotion and development of the Cardiff Building Consultancy Team, whilst supporting the activities of the Cardiff Commercial Team, and wider Firm, in achieving targeted fee income and will include:
- Preparing specifications, tendering and providing contract administration services.
- Preparing technical drawings on Auto CAD for project instructions.
- Requisite statutory approval applications.
- Project monitoring services on behalf of lenders for various construction projects.
- Preparing feasibility studies and sketch scheme designs for a wide variety of building types.
- Preparing Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedules.
- Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidations.
- Preparing schedules of condition.
- Preparing Party Wall etc. Act 1996 notices and agreeing Awards.
- Professional work as designated according to experience.
- Providing support for more junior members of the team.
- Development of the existing Client base and new Client instructions.
- Positive promotion of the BK brand and Building Consultancy offering via network and business development activities.
- Compliance with Company standards and procedures.